Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is Occupy Tampa Over?

This morning after sunrise I noticed about fifty 'Occupy Tampa' protesters standing around with blankets wrapped around them. These protesters had slept in the park all night and they were cold. The first major cold front of the season came in last night and the temps dropped into the mid 50's.

An article in the Tampa Tribune said that these protesters were being harassed by the police at night by being awaken and told to get off the sidewalk. I will be there in the morning and see if that is true. I will get that on video and put it on YouTube if it happens.

Ground zero for the 'Occupy Tampa' protest
Do you see anyone?
When I went back to Curtis Hixon park in the afternoon, there were only about ten people standing around and no protest going on at Gaslight Park. Is this movement dying on the vine? There was nothing going on and I did not bother to park and go over. I was wanting to interview some of the protesters like they are doing in many of the major cities. Now I feel like Tampa is not holding their own. Come on Tampa, lets get with the program.


It could be the weather.

As I was leaving downtown this afternoon, I saw a truck leaving ahead of me with "Occupy Tampa' painted on the back of it. I guess they were going home and would not be sleeping in the park tonight when the temps will be very cold.

No comments: