Friday, May 06, 2011

There May Be A Meter Raise For Taxis In Tampa

United Cab Taxi Meter
Paul Hinton told me today that there was a meeting with the Transportation Commission Of Hillsborough County and they are considering a raise on the drop from $2.00 to $3.00. I think this is necessary so that the taxi drivers who have to buy their own gas can make a living. This small amount could be the difference of being able to run the cabs or park them. There is a breaking or tipping point and we are almost there. I am glad that the companies are recognizing this.

There will not be a raise on the per mile charge or the waiting time. I believe on the drop is the right way to go.

2 comments:

big mike said...

tim, this should have been done the first time they allowed the 1.00 surcharge for gas.it should be added on the drop so as not to raise suspicion when the driver says you owe another dollar for gas.the only bad thing is the percentage increase to the short fares and to those with low incomes.to bad there isn't a digital answer like a small automatic percentage increase with a 0ne dollar increase cap.by the way,I prefer this site tampa taxi after dark.adios big mike

Larry and Tom said...

I agree with Big Mike. I like the old way, leave it to the driver. To add or not to add. By the ware for art thou.