Friday, March 11, 2011

Where Does The Tampa Taxi Business Go From Here?

December 16th, 2010 The Taxi Strike
I am referring to the drivers, not the owners. The people that own the businesses are doing very well. The drivers have been struggling for the last four years as we have shouldered the load. What we need is a healthy economy to make real money, but none seems to be in sight. There is a glimmer of hope, however.

United Cab Of Tampa has finally got the digital dispatch system up and running. Today I received a software update and my rate 2 and rate 3 on the taxi meter for the minimum and flat rate airport zones. The system is working for me but I have heard many complaints from drivers. I stated before that this system will put the hood stretchers and the sandbaggers and the guys used to being fed out of business. Those seem to be the ones complaining.

Mr. Rob Searcy (seen in the video below at the taxi protest) was the one that implemented the new computer system. The old management would never have done that. I really believe in the long run good times will come back to the taxi business, only at United Cab, however. The other companies are to dysfunctional and not on the ball. United will rule the day and their drivers will make a ton. Just wait for a healthy economy.

Before I had met Rob Searcy I shot this YouTube video of him addressing the taxi drivers at the "strike" last December. I knew we were dealing with a strong man.

No comments: