Monday, July 07, 2008

Raman Noodles And Broke Taxi Drivers


I saw this sign on the windshiel of a Checker cab. I could not agree more. The Cab business in Tampa is bad...real bad. In the 12 years that I have been driving, it has never been like this. I worked 12 hours today and had about 10 rides - on a Monday morning! This is unheard of. I know the economy is down, but I am the one paying the 4 bucks a gallon to haul you around. Why so few riders? It is getting VERY scary.

I am having noodles every night for dinner and tonight is no exception. I have, however, managed to obtain 8 oz of ground beef so I can at least have some meat with my spaghetti...The Raman noddles where starting to get a little old.

Many of the drivers are having a hard time. I saw Sampson on 31 and then he was on 23...He used to only work stand 21 but now says there are "Too many 21 hounds" oh how the worm turns..

Hang in there until Obama is elected I guess. He is the Messiah, right?

No comments: