Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It could be the end for me

I was told today by the taxi company I work for that they may possibly fire me as soon as tomorrow. That is because I owe them a tremendous amount of money. They say they don't want to, but the end may be near if I can't fork over serious money ($1,000). I am basically screwed.

None of this is really my fault. The economy has been horrific for the last four years. It is very difficult to pay high lease payments to your company plus gas and still be able to make something for yourself. I have been struggling badly. On most days now you wait about two hours to get a five dollar fare. I can't make it on that.

The company relies on refugees from third world countries who have a high degree of tolerance for poverty. They are willing to work 16 hour days, 7 days a week, holidays and weekends for scant wages. They think they are in high cotton. They are unaware they are in a bad situation.

I cannot do what these guys do. I really need someone to help me, but there is nobody in my life that can. I will miss this. I do remember the good times and the good people that used to populate this.

When the economy went bad, I had to move into a motel. I have to pay these people every week, or I move out. Simple as that. If I lose my job, I will be homeless.

My main concern is where to store my digital photography equipment, TV, stereo and computer. I would like to hold on to that stuff. The rest of my stuff (books, clothes and items I have collected over the years I can throw away).

I really don't know how to live on the streets. I do have a sleeping bag and my sister in law sent me some nice comforters. They will come in handy. I have a backpack, so I can carry some gear around.

Other then that, that's about it. The story of my life, 55 years old and I end up on the streets.

I do have my blogs and my successful YouTube channel. I got a check once from Goggle for advertisements. Perhaps, I one of my blogs gets big enough, I could get out of my homelessness. I can go to the library to edit my blogs. So there may be some long-term hope. There is a mission on Kennedy blvd where I can get a hot meal every day.

Wish me luck

No comments: